[plug] James' Root RAID

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Tue Apr 30 10:25:42 WST 2002

G'Day Pluggers,
	I've just finished recovering a root RAID server that I broke. I'd just
like to publicly thank James for his Root RAID Debian howto, it was
imensly useful and made things triviallly easy.
	But I did have a thought, after using the Debia recovery disks plus a
home made one to recover the RAID array, is it possible to simple use
that same method, create a new array using the boot disks and then
install over that? The only problem I can see is making sure the
lilo.conf has the appropriate settings and an initrd image, both of
which could be generated on another machine and copied via floppy (or
wget I guess). How 'bout it James, have you just made all that work
redundent by your own rescue guide?

Cheers,
Adrian