[plug] Compact Flash card readers

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Tue Apr 30 10:41:02 WST 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 10:30:35AM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 09:59:56AM +0800, Russell Steicke wrote:
> > I am looking to buy a USB Compact Flash card reader to complement my new
> > digital camera.
>
> Is your digital camera supported by linux? You may find that a separate
> Compact Flash card reader isn't required.

Theoretically the camera should work, as it claims to be a USB mass
storage device.  However it needs extra software on Windows (implying to
me that there's something different about it), and one USB command times
out when I try to use it in linux.  It's a Pentax Optio 330.  I do plan
to try to fix the driver, but I really need to be able to read the cards
right now.

> FYI the patch was a simple addition to
> /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/storage/unusual_devs.h:

Ah, I didn't know about this.  Thanks.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
I have discovered the art of deceiving diplomats. I tell them the truth
and they never believe me.
		-- Camillo Di Cavour