[plug] SMART drive error resetting

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Aug 3 01:09:29 WST 2002

Try- http://www.ontrack.com/

They should have some utilities you can download - like testing utilities
and a disk eraser.

They are not Linux based but you can run them from a boot disk using DRDOS.

The boot disk is created when you extract the files from the downloaded archive.

You can verify if your S.M.A.R.T logs are correct before you reset them !

I have used their utilities for Quantum hard drives on several occassions
and have recovered hard drives that were given up as F**t.

At 03:34 PM 02-08-2002 +0800, you wrote:

>Question:
>Are there any Linux-based utilities which can *reset* the SMART status of a
>drive?  Done the Googling and HOWTO-ing without success.  Closest I come is
>ide-smart but that is a monitoring tool.

Regards Arie