[plug] X resolutions for presentations using a laptop

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 6 12:00:00 WST 2002

An ugly kludge I am trying to avoid (I already use scripts to create a
non-network config for standalone presentations).  It would be much
easier if I could do a screen setup that would select from my two
configs when connected to the correct monitor - LCD with no monitor, sun
when at the desktop, and a third when an "unknown" monitor/projector is
present - or my preference, boot into laptop and just select 1024x768
when switching to the projector.  But currently its the virtual viewport
thats the problem - someone must have overcome this as it seems a real
shortcoming for a laptop in particular.

My current solution will be to remove the 1400x1050 LCD from the laptop
string and just boot when at the projector.  I normally boot into X and
try to have it setup before the session.

BillK