[plug] X resolutions for presentations using a laptop

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 6 12:13:40 WST 2002

Not a bad solution, but how can I do it after boot without going through
a command line first?  i.e., the windows driver for the gforce2go (dell
inspiron 8000) does it on the screen switch - seems to read whats on the
port and has always ended up at the correct resolution, and leaves the
LCD alone.  In X, the external monitor/projector has to be connected and
switched on or it refuses to recognise whats there.

BillK