[plug] Re: Bandwidth prices [was School Web Page]

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Aug 8 08:12:14 WST 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:25, Hook wrote:
> In the US, broadband suppliers are going broke in a number of places
> because they offered services cheaper than they could support. The take up
> wasn't there.

Actually, most service in the US can be described as `cheaper, but chaos'.

They have some odd rules, like you pay for incoming mobile calls as well, so
telephone soliciting costs the recipient - just like spam only moreso. Some
unexpected aspects of services are mandated to be free, and some things we
take for granted, they pay for. The providers are typically even more
inclined to overtly attempt to rip you off than they are here, but sometimes
the service can be almost overwhelming compared to the service you would
expect here.

Cheers; Leon