[plug] [link] lwn letter - amazing....

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Aug 8 13:22:27 WST 2002

Hiya all.
Thought I'd direct those interested to a letter over at lwn:
http://lwn.net/Articles/6541/
.

<fireproof>
I personally find it embarrasing that there are people who write in like
that to a bunch who've worked so hard for so little, for so long.
<bitter>He's probably from the "email <sw company x> and tell them that
they have to open source their sofware, because all information wants to
be free!" crowd. *arrggh*.</bitter>.

I'm _so_ fed up with the counter-productive and immature way that some
of the FSF-zealot crowd behave, especially since it gives everybody else
a bad name. Most people, especially those not really involved with /
following OSS can't tell the difference between the FSF and OS
philosophies, and between the realists and zealot extermists in those
camps. Naturally, the zealots often get noticed more because they're so
in-your-face... *sigh*.

And yeah I'm really annoyed as per the tone of this message, but I
really am trying not to start a flamewar...
</fireproof>

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)