[plug] Warning: PC Hardware can catch fire.

bob bob at fots.org.au
Thu Aug 8 22:46:01 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 22:41, Craig Ringer wrote:

> >PC hardware can burn
> >
> I know. Came in to work last friday to the smell of charred PCB. Power
> supply in one of the editorial machines had caught fire and we were
> really lucky that one of the journos was there to put it out. Looks like
> it was probably an electrical short caused by dust - but the machine is
> < 1 year old. *sigh*. I'm now dusting every 2 weeks.

Are you using anything special? Or are you just giving it a blast with
the ol' can of air?

I think the looooong dry spell followed by a bit of humidity is the
problem... I'm surprised we haven't had a lot more power probs  at the
beginning of winter with pole fires from flashovers etc.

--
bob
Cave canem...te necet lingendo.