[plug] Warning: PC Hardware can catch fire.

proXy davyd at iprimus.com.au
Thu Aug 8 22:48:15 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 22:41, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I know. Came in to work last friday to the smell of charred PCB. Power
> supply in one of the editorial machines had caught fire and we were
> really lucky that one of the journos was there to put it out. Looks like
> it was probably an electrical short caused by dust - but the machine is
> < 1 year old. *sigh*. I'm now dusting every 2 weeks.

Ironically, the ones you never touch last forever *looks at router*.

This one (which I used to always be playing with) is getting dodgy as,
and my old desktop (which I played with almost once a week) I managed to
cook, I never did work out how.

Moral of the post: Don't touch computers... ever!

--proXy
--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/
linux.conf.au Perth 2003 <http://www.linux.conf.au>

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA