[plug] Focussing Mozilla (or any window?) via a command?

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Aug 9 14:30:33 WST 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> But nothing there answered the simple requirement of focussing and raising an
> existing Mozilla window.

I'm fairly certain that you won't be able to use Moz to do this.  "focus"
is a window manager concept.  when an application doesn't have focus it
generally doesn't care, and can't even really ask for it

If you were running Enlightnement you could do some thing like.

eesh -ewait "window_list" | \                      # Get all the windowID's
	grep -i mozilla   | \                      # Only care about mozilla
	cut -f1 -d: | while read winid ; do        # Get winID discard crap
		eesh -e "win_op ${winid} focus"    # focus window
	done

But you're probbaly NIT running E and if you are who only has one mozilla
window open ?

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!