[plug] Warning: PC Hardware can catch fire.

Andrew Howell andrew at it.net.au
Fri Aug 9 17:37:46 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 16:29, Tony Clark wrote:
> Sorry Gavin I think you are speaking through your ar**.
>

> On Friday 09 August 2002 05.37, Gavin Rogers wrote:
> > At 22:58 8/08/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>

> > I think the power supply in machines we are getting now are complete junk.
> > I've had more computer failures due to power supply problems than any other
> > fault!
>
> I can't remember the the last time I had a crook PSU.  I can however remember
> bad RAM, MBs x2 in the last 12 months.

We had a batch of 5 that were all faulty a few months ago.

Lots of bad RAM, bad motherboards and many failed drives.

I don't think I've ever experienced so much faulty gear in a year before
and it's not even over yet.

I really wouldn't mind if the PC industry took a year off making things
faster and spent some time on quality and design.

--
Andrew Howell
Director
E-mail: andrew at it.net.au