[plug] Computer Hardware Upgrade - Same Debian Install

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 10 07:21:32 WST 2002

Hi, Today I am getting an upgrade. I wish to be able to take all the old
gear thats not getting upgraded out of my current box and put it in the new
box. I also want to be able to take Debian Woody along. There is going to
be some major changes made so i was wondering if this was possible. The
changes are below
Old Computer            |       New Computer
AT power supply |       ATX Power Supply
Old motherboard |       New motherboard
ISA & PCI               |       PCI only
ISA sound               |       onboard sound
S3 PCI Video            |       onboard AGP video
no modem                |       winmodem that came with motherboard (won't
be used at current                   |       time)
W2k in partion          |       W2k removed
CDROM on Primary Slave  |       CDROM on Secondary Master
NO USB                  |       USB
32Mb RAM                |       128Mb RAM
I think that is all. If anybody can tell me what tools I will need to get
debian working fine then thanks, it is a Gigabyte motherboard, moodel#
'GA-6wmm7 Rev 2.0'
Thanks Tim

LinuxAlien
Riverton, Perth, WA