[plug] Computer Hardware Upgrade - Same Debian Install

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 10 11:33:29 WST 2002

> > Old Computer            |       New Computer
> > AT power supply |       ATX Power Supply

I have a power, wakeup and sleep button on my new key board ( i just went
shopping) how do i get these to work?

> > ISA sound               |       onboard sound
>
>You'll need a new kernel driver for the (presumably
>PCI) sound, _maybe_ also change some software setting
>along the way... doubtful though.

I don't no what driver. I installed the AC'97 Driver but my music progs
don't work.

> > S3 PCI Video            |       onboard AGP video
>
>Console will be fine, but you'll probably need to
>reconfigure X accordingly.

How do i regonfigure X? It still looks for the S3, I tried a reconfig with
xf86configure but had no luck.
> > CDROM on Primary Slave  |       CDROM on Secondary
> > Master
>
>Change the /etc/fstab entry from /dev/hdb to /dev/hdc;
>if this is just /dev/cdrom, change that symlink
>accordingly.

How do i change or creat a smylink?
Thanks Tim

> > NO USB                  |       USB
>
>If you plan to use it, it will need kernel support.
>
> > 32Mb RAM                |       128Mb RAM
>
>No change AFAIK.
>
> > Thanks Tim
>
>Hope this helps (and is accurate :)
>
>Andrew
>
>=====
>Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger and
>have not need for subtlety.
>
>http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To
>- Get the best out of your PC!

LinuxAlien