[plug] Computer Hardware Upgrade - Same Debian Install

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Sat Aug 10 15:06:34 WST 2002

On Saturday 10 August 2002 05.33, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> > > Old Computer            |       New Computer
> > > AT power supply |       ATX Power Supply
>
> I have a power, wakeup and sleep button on my new key board ( i just went
> shopping) how do i get these to work?
>
> > > ISA sound               |       onboard sound
> >
> >You'll need a new kernel driver for the (presumably
> >PCI) sound, _maybe_ also change some software setting
> >along the way... doubtful though.
>
> I don't no what driver. I installed the AC'97 Driver but my music progs
> don't work.

cat /proc/pci should enable you to work out what you sound is.

> How do i regonfigure X? It still looks for the S3, I tried a reconfig with
> xf86configure but had no luck.

what version of X
edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or XF86Config if you have version 3.??
should look something like this....X version 4

Section "Device"

        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "nvidia"  <==== you need to change this to suit you card
        VendorName  "NVidia"