[plug] Computer Hardware Upgrade - Same Debian Install

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 10 16:23:07 WST 2002

Well I reinstalled Debian but still have problems. The sound module is
installed (AC97) but the sound card isn't seen by anything. When i power
off with the 'poweroff' Command or 'shutdown -h now' command it reboots. It
isn't using an agp driver for my graphics card, and i can't standby, only
suspend. All so it doesn't recognize my 3 power keys, it gives unknown
keyboard scan code errors. also dexconf wont run so i can't change the
default X res to something higher.
Tim
At 09:06 10/08/2002 +0200, you wrote:

> > I have a power, wakeup and sleep button on my new key board ( i just went
> > shopping) how do i get these to work?

> > >You'll need a new kernel driver for the (presumably
> > >PCI) sound, _maybe_ also change some software setting
> > >along the way... doubtful though.
> >
> > I don't no what driver. I installed the AC'97 Driver but my music progs
> > don't work.
>
>cat /proc/pci should enable you to work out what you sound is.
>

> > How do i regonfigure X? It still looks for the S3, I tried a reconfig with
> > xf86configure but had no luck.
>
>what version of X
>edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or XF86Config if you have version 3.??
>should look something like this....X version 4
>
>Section "Device"
>
>         Identifier  "Card0"
>         Driver      "nvidia"  <==== you need to change this to suit you card
>         VendorName  "NVidia"