[plug] samba problem

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Tue Aug 13 09:20:49 WST 2002

Okay, in regards to the DHCP server if you have connectivity properly
between the two machines, then add a route to 255.255.255.255 on the
ethernet interface.

Its the "picky dhcp clients" issue.  Almost always affects Windows
machines.  Its been documented for ages, you should always check the man
pages /docs etc if you are having a problem with a commonly used
program, because guaranteed is there are any issues, someone will have
discovered it and probably either put it into the documentation or
you'll find it when you Google.

In regards to the Samba issue, I'm presuming its because your client
machines don't have an IP address... if not, check the logs for the
problem and refer to the docs on the Samba page (www.samba.org).

HTH :)

/ Ben