[plug] Intenet banking and Linux browsers

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Aug 15 16:57:56 WST 2002

On 15 Aug 2002, bob wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 14:35, Bret Busby wrote:
> >
> > I just tried it with Netscape 4.61 on RH 6.2 (which is what I had been
> > consistently using before this month), and I enabled cookies (bleaagh!),
> > to find whether that was the cause, but it still timed out (after about 90
> > seconds), with "This function is currently unavailable".
> >
> > So, it does not appear to be cookies.
> >
> > I had enabled "Only accept cookies originating from the same viewer as the
> > page being viewed", which should have been adequate.
> >
> > The URL that I used (same result for different URL's) was
> > https://www.anz.com/inetbank
> >

> > --
> > Bret Busby
>
> Have you tried emptying your cache? (and do you have any local
> proxying?)

It makes no difference.

No local proxying.

Those are standard anz questions.

Then they tend to claim it is our ISP's fault.

But, as previously stated, the chief twit at the anz told me that they had
had many complaints from Linux users, about suddenly being no longer able
to access the facility after the changes were made at the start of July.

Oh, and, no, I haven't sacrificed a virgin for a while. perhaps it is
time, once again...
;)

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988