[plug] Intenet banking and Linux browsers

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Thu Aug 15 23:02:51 WST 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 04:57:56PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2002, bob wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 14:35, Bret Busby wrote:
> > >
> > > I just tried it with Netscape 4.61 on RH 6.2 (which is what I had been
> > > consistently using before this month), and I enabled cookies (bleaagh!),
> > > to find whether that was the cause, but it still timed out (after about 90
> > > seconds), with "This function is currently unavailable".
> > >
> > > So, it does not appear to be cookies.
> > >
> > > I had enabled "Only accept cookies originating from the same viewer as the
> > > page being viewed", which should have been adequate.
> > >
> > > The URL that I used (same result for different URL's) was
> > > https://www.anz.com/inetbank
> > >

> > > --
> > > Bret Busby
> >
> > Have you tried emptying your cache? (and do you have any local
> > proxying?)
> >

> It makes no difference.
>
> No local proxying.
>
> Those are standard anz questions.
>
> Then they tend to claim it is our ISP's fault.
>
> But, as previously stated, the chief twit at the anz told me that they had
> had many complaints from Linux users, about suddenly being no longer able
> to access the facility after the changes were made at the start of July.
>
> Oh, and, no, I haven't sacrificed a virgin for a while. perhaps it is
> time, once again...
> ;)
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia
Not having any money and so knowing nothing about internet banking but
just out of curiosity, what does your Opera identify itself as.

Mine idents itself as I(nternet)E(xploder), probably to fool any F(ord)
webites it comes across.:-))

-
 russ
linux.conf.au 2003	  The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/	  22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia