[plug] Here to find out more!

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Aug 17 01:10:01 WST 2002

Many thanks to Craig and Kai,

for taking the time to exlain - I do not and will not ever use Outlook
Express and I do keep my virus scanner up to date.

I will eventually move over completely to Linux - but the learning curve is
a bit steep for me at the moment, but I read what I can and take the advice
from this list very seriously (except when Leon cuts loose every now and
then - hi Leon - no offense intended)

>Don't stress about it. Don't use outlook or outlook express, or don't
>use windows. If you must use windows, and _especially_ if you must use
>Outlook (express) get a good virus scanner and keep it up to date.
>Clearly you have at least a vaguely decent one given that you posted
>this, not "arrggh email from plug ate my machine". Though any virus
>scanner w/o detection of Klez can be considered utterly broken so its
>not saying much that it found this. Anyway, there's nothing to be done
>but take sensible precautions, understand that there's no effective way
>to prevent this, and not stress.

Again many thanks

Regards Arie