[plug] C tutorials, linux specific

Sacha Schlegel schlegel at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sat Aug 17 16:24:04 WST 2002

Hi John

> Can anyone recommend a good C tutorial that is *nix specific, that'll give
> good command line instructions when it comes to permissions etc? Only from
> experience please though, I've already gone through a lot of them! 0_0

Not sure if I understand you right but the O'Reilly book: "Essential
System Administration" is a good book for *nix administration.

The sections are:

- Introduction to System Administration
- The UNIX Way
- Essential Administrative Tools
- Startup and Shutdown
- User Accounts
- Security
- Managing System Resources
- Automating Tasks with Scripts and Such
- Filesystems and disks
- Backup and restore
- Terminals and Modems
- Printers and the Spooling Subsystem
- TCP/IP Network Management
- Electronic Mail
- Configuring and Building Kernels
- Accounting

I think there is a LINUX specific System Administratio Book available.

Also check the linux documentation project at: www.tldp.org

Sacha