[plug] If I had a Hammer (was: Clic)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Aug 17 21:07:29 WST 2002

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:29, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:15:17 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> | [Entry theme: `If I had a Hammer...']

> Am I correct in assuming that Hammer is some type of 64-bit CPU?  AMD's
> Itanium?

Yup. More performance for considerably less watts, much more flexible in terms
of multiprocessor stuff and how individual chips can be used on composite
carriers. Amongst other things, Hammer requires a small fraction of the glue
logic that Itanium does, and made some better bandwidth boundary design
calls.

And it has been sprayed with holy penguin pee.

Cheers; Leon