[plug] C tutorials, linux specific

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 17 23:20:00 WST 2002

I'm looking for something online if I can get it, because I need quick and
easy access. Perhaps someone could help me with theis problem, I go to
compile my c programme, (prog1.c) and it compiles fine, I go to run prog1
and it gives me the error of not having permission. I tried it as root, and
it still did it, can anyone give me help with gcc usage and compiling
programmes and getting the proggies to work?

tah!
John

>Hi John
>

> > Can anyone recommend a good C tutorial that is *nix specific, that'll
>give
> > good command line instructions when it comes to permissions etc? Only
>from
> > experience please though, I've already gone through a lot of them! 0_0
>
>Not sure if I understand you right but the O'Reilly book: "Essential
>System Administration" is a good book for *nix administration.
>
>The sections are:
>
>- Introduction to System Administration
>- The UNIX Way
>- Essential Administrative Tools
>- Startup and Shutdown
>- User Accounts
>- Security
>- Managing System Resources
>- Automating Tasks with Scripts and Such
>- Filesystems and disks
>- Backup and restore
>- Terminals and Modems
>- Printers and the Spooling Subsystem
>- TCP/IP Network Management
>- Electronic Mail
>- Configuring and Building Kernels
>- Accounting
>
>I think there is a LINUX specific System Administratio Book available.
>
>Also check the linux documentation project at: www.tldp.org
>
>Sacha

Make lunch, not war.