[plug] Fw: Virus found in message

Luke Dudney plug at apophis.net
Sat Aug 17 22:25:19 WST 2002

Leon Brooks wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:59, Kai wrote:
>

>>James, have you checked the source of that message ?
>>

>WestNet sent that warning, not James. I hope it sent a copy to the Return-Path
>header as well.
>
>Cheers; Leon

There is generally never a Return-Path header while a message is in transit.
It is added by the final/local delivery agent at the message's
destination, and reflects the envelope sender (MAIL FROM) address.
So there would not have been an actual Return-Path header when WestNet's
virus scanner picked up the message - it sends notifications to the
envelope sender.

Cheers
Luke.