Virus transmission via list - was Re: [plug] Here to find out more!

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Sun Aug 18 13:18:13 WST 2002

Just block common Windows executables/virus attachment file types.

PLUG server runs Postfix, so a simple regexp body_checks:

/^[     ]*name=.*\.exe/ REJECT

etc.

I don't think blocking attachments period is a good solution and/or
limiting size of emails either.  Because someone could be
posting/attaching a rather lengthy config and/or output of something
that they want advice on etc. and that could be either as an attachment
or as a copy + paste into the email that could go over 30K.

/ Ben