[plug] UCC

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Sun Aug 18 13:55:10 WST 2002

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Leon Brooks wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:47, garry wrote:
> > I'm putting together a server for the installfest.
>
> I missed that announcement. When?

So far the only formal announcement was made at the Tuesday meeting (I think
you were ther :)).  The installfest will be
Sunday 29th Sept 2002.
We're planning to have it at CA (Computer Angels).
Trent Loyd (sp?) is the head-man so we need to get togther and make
announcements and start planning details.

Garry has already offered, a machine for a Server.  we're going to try (agin)
to get most of the installs done over the network.  I'm appraching a local
hardware supplier to see if we can get NIC's on consignment. then we sell them
at the door.

I haven't spoken to LSWA about hier involvment yet but it would be good for
us/them if they were there sellign CD's

> > I intend to have full Sid and Woody i386 mirrors available (and Sarge if
> > there is availability/interest). Also should have the images/files
> > available for RH + Mandrake's latest..
>
> Mandrake 9.0 is due out 5-10 September depending on bugsquishing successes.

That'd be good.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!