[plug] init levels

Craig Dyke grail at enterprize.net.au
Sun Aug 18 18:46:49 WST 2002

Under each rc*.d I have what is needed by each runlevel.
My problem is what do I need to add so that when i change to
a different level the same services aren't doubled up and the correct
kill messages are sent.

eg.

Running a graphical login (level 5 on my machine) and I wish
to change to console level (level 3).
When I do this currently my X services are not killed off.

eg. 2

When I go from level 3 to level 5 i get messages saying that certain
services are
already running or if I use ps -ax I notice that a service (mysql) has been
started
multiple times

Am happy if someone can help or direct me net bound to solve problem :)

Craig