[plug] init levels

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Sun Aug 18 22:32:18 WST 2002

Hya Craig,

Could I make a suggestion to edit your '/etc/inittab' so that you start on run
level 3 then type `startx` to run X. When you've finished with X or just
want to drop to 'console' you can logout of X or hit 'ctl-alt-F(1-4)' to
get a console screen. You can also run a 'term' window in X , it's
exactly the same as a console, except for some variables.

Hope this Helps...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */