[plug] Virus attachment avoidance protocol (VAAP)

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Mon Aug 19 08:08:46 WST 2002

I agree - simple replies should not be sent as attachments.

If it is appropriate to send a picture as an attachment, or even a reference
document, one precaution we could all take is to include a line in our mail
message body along the lines:

Please find attached mypic.jpg;  cameramanual.txt ......... or similar

Then the recipient can be reasonably sure that if only mypic.jpg and
cameramanual.txt are attached that they came from the person described in
the "From" column.

If the message box is blank but there is an attachment - delete it!
especialy if it ends in ".exe"

Kind regards,

James Elliott
Ravensthorpe Computers