Fw: [plug][protocol] no attachments please (was: Virus attachment avoidance protocol (VAAP))

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Tue Aug 20 10:26:45 WST 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 09:54:07AM +0800, wayne wrote:
> Hello, Bernard and Jeremy!
>
> Any chance you can switch to sending to the list without attachments?

Signed messages are likely to be increasingly common. I vote for
Bernard's suggestion of a message-size limit.

Do you want, as Bernard suggested, a poll for this on the PLUG site?

- Restrict Message size to 30KB
- Remove all attachements from list messages
- Change MUA to sendmail and use mimedefang to make stripped
  attachments available on PLUG Web site
- Unsubscribe Jeremy, Bernard and James :-)
- Any others?

About option 3: depends on the sysadmin being willing to do this; as
far as I know there's no postfix equivalent of mimedefang which not
only strips attachments, but also saves them to a Web site.

No easy way to judge demand, so if I get three requests, I'll set up
the poll.

Colin