Fw: [plug][protocol] no attachments please (was: Virus attachment avoidance protocol (VAAP))

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Tue Aug 20 11:25:25 WST 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, wayne wrote:

> On Tuesday Tony wrote:
>
> >reduction in peoples freedom by stripping html/attachments
> >outways the risks involved in leaving attachmnets in mail messages.
>
> I am looking for the reasons to include UNNECESSARY attachments of WORDS
> when WORDS can be used inside a SIMPLE TEXT MESSAGE.

What is the problem the a text attachment? the extra bandwith requirements
would be 100 bytes per message at the outside.

> Let's not split hairs about committees and FREEDOM when the Middle East IS
> ON FIRE, Tony!  Got the message?

Nup, no need to shout.

As I said, if you are really concerend then please ask the committee to
look at it.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!