[plug] GUI FTP

Russell Steicke russells at plug.linux.org.au
Tue Aug 20 14:21:28 WST 2002

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 01:43:33PM +0800, Patrick Tehvand wrote:

> Hey,
>
> back to linux for a moment...
> what are people using for GUI ftp clients?

On the occasions that I need a gui ftp (ie not wget or ncftp), I use aria.
It has drag and drop, but I think its most attractive feature is the
ability to limit the download bandwidth on the fly.  So you can start a
transfer, limit it to something that makes your ssh sessions bearable,
then let it crank up to full speed when you're not there.  It also has
download lists and queueing, which I don't use so much.

  http://aria.rednoah.com/linux_e.shtml