[plug] XF86Config-4

Lyndon Kroker ljkroker at netvigator.com
Wed Aug 21 19:28:02 WST 2002

I installed Debian 3.0 a few weeks ago.  Initially I had a bit of trouble
setting up XFree86.  The Debian config program asked all the questions to
which I had all the right answers, but X wouldn't work.

In the end I used xf86cfg to get a basic server going.  The problem is that
there was quite a bit of original Debian stuff in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
that I am now missing (like the font server for example).  And, I am not sure
about the modules either.  AbiWord won't run at all so that's one I'd like to
get sorted out.

I would appreciate it if someone out there could either post or e-mail me
their XF86Config-4 file.

Many thanks,

Lyndon

Debian 3.0 (2.4.18)