[plug] bill kendrick interview

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Aug 21 22:03:15 WST 2002

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 00:06:49 +0800 "John Knight" <anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Anyone of you LUGgers who don't know who this feller is a peasant! Read the
> interview, great bloke (of NwBreedsSoftware fame btw)! :)
>

> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=1549

Interesting article John. He described the LUGODs running monthly installfests
which, I guess, PLUG does through UCC meets but they have a perceived flavour of
"maintenance" or tech help. Maybe the workshops could stress installation more
since (and I'm concerned about this) the proposed PLUG installfest may have a
big turnout this year; with more interest in Linux as it appears on lots o'
magazine covers. If it goes (seriously) off and we can't get to everyone's
install, then it'd be useful to start promoting installfestiveness at UCC each
month.

Idle thoughts .. thanks for the post.
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/