[plug] Poll regarding attachments

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 23 18:14:53 WST 2002

Hello, Arie et al!

Arie said (I hope I've got this one right):
> Leon - these are fair comments, but do you think your attitude will be
> conducive to helping Windows oriented people to make the change to Linux,
> when one the the reasons they may have for changing over to Linux is being
> thrown back in their face.

Arie, you have some valid points.

Leon has full capability in Linux so it might be hard to (keep) tolerating
newbie questions.  (I don't know how he does it.)  I still enjoy the banter,
the cut-and-thrust of politics.  Hang on a second!  This isn't Parliament;
this is a Linux club.  Gets hot sometimes doesn't it?

I think the difficulty for experienced members is they like to move on, move
on.  This probably occurs in Windows clubs too.  The more experienced ones
might feel they are being held back.

As for me; I have asked on the list for the solution to only a couple of
problems - and the solutions don't work.  Only a complete re-install fixed
problems for me.  That shouldn't be right.  And being a newbie I am too
embarrassed to ask again on the list because of some of the attitudes
(especially when they find out you're still using Windows sometimes).

I will support Leon.  Despite the Windows hatred in the club there are some
wonderful comments and discussion.

Kind Regards (to all)
wayne.