[plug] Poll regarding attachments

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Aug 25 19:45:55 WST 2002

At 10:23 AM 25-08-2002 +0800, Leon wrote:
>Presuming that you're misusing `blatant' and are simply objecting to the lack
>of qualifiers, my attitude will not alter a key fact: knackering this list
>down to text-only no-attachments 10k-or-less will not prevent Windows users
>from getting email viruses. In fact, it may even be ineffective for
>preventing virii arriving _through_the_knackered_list_, who knows what
>pattern-matching Outlook does on plain text?
>
>If nobbling the list that much won't be of significant assistance to anyone, I
>question the value of handicapping the list at all.

Leon I think you have missed the point of what I said in my previous email.

I have made no mention of any support or desire to see the list 'knackered',
'nobbled', 'handicapped', restricted or otherwise tampered with.

It sounds very much like you don't give a stuff about any body else,
especially if they are Windows users and if they do not have the same level
of expertise as yourself.

By virtue of your knowledge and experience, you are in a position to make a
major contribution to people like myself who use Windows and would prefer to
make a major change in their operating systems, but this is not easy for a
lot of people to do.

I have no no desire to enter into a flame war over this issue, I have better
things to do with my life than waste it arguing with you.

I believe it is the responsibilty of all people who use computers and the
internet to take what ever precautions are necessary to avert the spread of
viruses, regardless of their level of expertise and their preference of
operating systems.

I believe there are a great number of professional people who use and
support this list and the 'newbies' who come here for guidance, thus I would
expect that the attitudes that prevail on this list would also be of a
professional level.

But perhaps I am wrong.

Regards Arie