[plug] RH7.x

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Mon Aug 26 14:24:01 WST 2002

On Monday 26 August 2002 07.39, Bret Busby wrote:

> So far, 7.3 seems good to me. The main thing that I have found, that I
> don't like, is the lack of availability of the RHN for the up2date
> agent, unless a person pays for being able to update, which makes RH a
> bit mercenary, when users have to pay for bug fixes. But, that goes to
> my standards for software development, which appear to be different to
> RH's standards for software development.

How dare RH charge for providing a service.  I agree with you!  It should all
be free from those thieving mungrels, they can go on and make all their
services free and file for chapter 11 protection when they run out of cash.
A much better senario for GNU/Linux don't you think?

OTOH you could always download the file and use rpm -uvh or choose one of the
many other _free_ tools that will handle dependencies for you.

dum founded