[plug] RH7.x

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Aug 27 09:36:48 WST 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, garry wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:39:01 +0800
> From: garry <garbuck at tpg.com.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] RH7.x
>

> Brett,
>
> please do this in a court of law or at least in private email.. I think the
> list would be rather better for its exclusion.. I dont know or care about the
> differences you have with him, but I feel confident it has little to do with
> PLUG.
>
> 8^)==
>
> Regards
>
> Garry
>

> > I remember you now.
> >
> > You are the filthy scum who decided to criminally defame me on this
> > list, back in February.

This is a matter of gross misconduct that has occurred on the list, and
the person (Tony Clark) appears to have retained the belligerent attitude.

He criminally defamed me on this list in February, and has been allowed
to remain on the list. He used the list to commit a criminal actioon
against me. He further used the resources of the entity telia.com, for
criminal purposes, of which I am sure that telia.com were aware,
making telia.com party to his criminal action, and therefore a criminal
organisation.

The issue was recently raised on this list, about the attitude of
another list member, whose attitude as shown in postings on the list,
was detrimental to the cause of Linux, of the PLUG, and of the mailing
list.

When these people are allowed to use the list for gratuitous arrogance
and belligerence, it is an issue that affects the list, as Matt has
previously used a policy of not moderating the list.

However, as Tony Clark has previously used the list for criminal
purposes; for criminal defamation and malicious damage, and, as his
continued presence on the list indicates that his use of the list is
regarded by him as a vehicle for hate mail, then it is an issue that is
related directly to the list; to the conduct of the list.

With the Linux conference coming up, and the installfest, and, the
ongoing attempts by many people, to convert people to the use of Linux,
perhaps it is time that standards be imposed on messages posted to the
list, to take Linux in Perth, out of the gutter and into the public
domain, with standards of behaviour that are generally acceptable to
the public.

It is an easy enough thing, for subscribers to the list, to limit what
they say, to making queries about Linux, or, offering advice in response
to those queries, or offering other helpful advice about Linux and its
applications (as Jacqueline does about Open Office, etc), or
discussing PLUG, or, as in the recent discussion and poll about
attachments and viruses, about the list operation, without imposing
arrogance and belligerence (although the arrogance and belligerence of
some, surfaced in that discussion).

If subscribers are unable to keep the arrogance and belligerence off
the list, then I suggest that it is time for standards to be imposed on
postings to the list, and, for modification to occur, to ensure that
those standards are met.

Thus, the issue is relevant to the list.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988