[plug] Speaking of Distro's

Jason Bainbridge JaseOne at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 28 11:30:33 WST 2002

I built it right from the beginning (Stage 1) inside a Virtual Machine at work with 128mb RAM allocated on a P4 1.8GHz machine and it took a considerable amount of time, from memory something like several overnight stints over a fairly fast network connection.

I'll be considering using it if I get another PC at home so I have access to the net whilst I'm doing it as my skill level isn't high enough to go it alone.

There definitely are benefits in using Gentoo but it's obviously not for the faint at heart.

Regards,
Jason