[plug] Another user converted to Debian :)

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Wed Aug 28 17:19:12 WST 2002

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 11:10, Jason Bainbridge wrote:

> Finally got my Woody CD's last night (7 cd pressed set from everythinglinux), the install was uneventful, even setting up X was easy enough (although I did cheat and kept a print out of what XFDrake had done with my previous MDK install).
>
> I must say I'm impressed with apt-get resolving all the dependencies for building QT and KDE was a breeze (ended up using cd's 1,2,3 & 6), sure was easier than doing the same thing with RPM's on Mandrake.
>
> Hopefully by the time I get home tonight KDE will have finished building and then I can start on Gnome 2, talking of which what is the script of choice to do that with? I'd really like to automate the Gnome 2 stuff as much as I can as KDE is what I primarily use and only want Gnome2 as an alternative and not have to go through the learning curve of building it by hand.
>
> Cheers!
> Jason

Garnome is your script of choice for building Gnome 2. Allows you to
specify a location seperate from Gnome 1.4 and keep the two running side
by side until;l you get completley converted over.

Take a look at the links off the main gnome site for more details.

Great to hear about your choice of distro !!!

Apt rocks !!!

Michael Hunt