[plug] strange diff error

Buddrige, David BuddrigeD at logica.com
Fri Aug 30 10:20:11 WST 2002

Hi all,

> > I am currently experiencing a very strange error from (I think) the diff
> > command.
> > Function not implemented
>
> Hmmm I've sen similar when the inode is corrupt, is ls -l look sane?

It turned out the problem was occuring because one of the files that we were
running the diff command on was residing in a clear-case view rather than a
regular file-system.  I tarred up the source-files from the clear-case vob
and
unpacked it all into a directory on my hard-drive, and the script containing
the diff command ran flawlessly.

In short it was the clear-case vob that was giving us trobles.  8-)

thanks heaps

David.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.