[plug] Best motherboard / chip combo 4 linux?

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Sun Dec 1 00:00:28 WST 2002

My new laptop, which I'll post about later, is Intel throughout and i've
never had an easier time getting things to work.  APCI is completely
flawless *stops to stare at the battery applet*  I never used to like
Intel only motherboards until now.

It doesn't have an NVidia card, but my desktop does and the latest
binary driver offering (>= 1.0.3123) is superb from my dealings with it
(Geforce2 MX).   Mileage obviously varies here as I remember reading
something in some unrelated thread bagging their drivers not long ago
:)  It doesn't make anything barf, even ACPI.

My past dealings with SiS have been *VERY* tense.

Ryan