PINE - was Re: [plug] Linux.Conf.Au Update.

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Dec 1 15:47:23 WST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> On the font's being too small
> Start and Xterm hold down control and button1 click (Left mouse)  You will see
> a meneu of varying font sizes On "huge" I can read my eamil from about 2
> meters away at 1280x1024 (100dpi).  So there should be no issues with small
> fonts.  If you want to set the default then email the list, we can help you
> then.

17" monitor ($189)

Opened up an xterm session; <CTRL><non-dominant mouse button click>
brings up menu with Preferences (also available from Settings menu in
xterm window). No "huge" option for font provided; in gnome-terminal
window, "General" tab shows font selection. In selecting font sizes up
to 54 point (for avant-garde, or 16 point (for clean), then Apply, then
OK, no change is effected to displayed font in xterm window. So, using
PINE on 17 inch monitor, with Red Hat 7.3, I now have the two army
sizes for the displayed text; too big and too small.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988