[plug] Small/quiet PSUs...

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Dec 5 17:26:05 WST 2002

tsuki_yomi at moon.curtin.edu.au wrote:

> I've come across one that someone has made DIY.
>
> http://sproggy.mp3car.com/
>
> Look under the "Power" tab to find his design.
> I however don't feel like risking a $240 mobo...
z`
Design looks pretty basic, but should not fry a board.
Mini-ITX only requires 12, 5 and 3 (Note not 3.3, but 3) Volt rails
And for the industrial use we have in mind, something a little more
rugged and EMC compliant is called for :p)
(They don't get upset if you give them 3.3 volts, but the Mini-ITX Spec
states 3 volts)

Just on the EPIA-800 Motherboards. They are great, I have used 3 of
them so far in various projects. If you use them regularly, always keep
one in stock, as DMA have a habit of telling you they are in stock
and then when you go to place an order they correct that to a week away
(Which for DMA translates to anytime in the next month or so).

Don't get me wrong, DMA are great, just don't rely on them to be able
to meet a deadline, even one they set themselves.

--
Brad....
                   /"\