[plug] Small/quiet PSUs...

tsuki_yomi at moon.curtin.edu.au tsuki_yomi at moon.curtin.edu.au
Fri Dec 6 12:52:33 WST 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Design looks pretty basic, but should not fry a board.
> Mini-ITX only requires 12, 5 and 3 (Note not 3.3, but 3) Volt rails
> And for the industrial use we have in mind, something a little more
> rugged and EMC compliant is called for :p)
> (They don't get upset if you give them 3.3 volts, but the Mini-ITX Spec
> states 3 volts)

I used to be into building my own stuff from scratch but I'm doing that
less and less in my old age :P
(Especially where parts may be a pain to get a hold of)

> Just on the EPIA-800 Motherboards. They are great, I have used 3 of
> them so far in various projects. If you use them regularly, always keep
> one in stock, as DMA have a habit of telling you they are in stock
> and then when you go to place an order they correct that to a week away
> (Which for DMA translates to anytime in the next month or so).
>
> Don't get me wrong, DMA are great, just don't rely on them to be able
> to meet a deadline, even one they set themselves.

I'll keep that in mind. :)

I've just ordered a 150W 1U ATX PSU from ICP Global in Sydney.

http://www.icp.net.au/prods/power-supply/ace-815a.html

It's nice and small (150 x 40.6 x 81.5 mm) and so fits in where I want it.
the only downside is the price... $90 ex tax + shipping.

A little expensive but I know it will do what want and fit where I want.

--
James Budworth
tsuki_yomi at moon.curtin.edu.au
"...that shines like silver upon a Sea of Chaos"