[plug] OT: Walk a mile in my shoes Mr Spammer!

bob bob at fots.org.au
Sat Dec 7 09:47:27 WST 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 08:03 am, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> As lovely as it sounds, retaliation in the form of sending lots of
> messages or large messages back to a spammer is illegal in Australia.
> Also, spammers are very clever at forging addresses and you may be
> sending it to the wrong person. Even if the address is correct you are
> confirming your email address which provides the spammer with a valuable
> entity that he can then onsell.

The spammer in question is not being bombarded by email.

He was incautious enough to allow his real meatspace home address to leak
out (he was boasting about the new US$750,000 home that profits from
spamming built in a magazine article). He is getting every catalogue and
snail mail advertisement that can be signed up for =:->.

--
QUESTION AUTHORITY.

(Sez who?)