[plug] OT: Walk a mile in my shoes Mr Spammer!

bob bob at fots.org.au
Sat Dec 7 14:27:27 WST 2002

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:35 am, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> We both know this because we followed the links that Daniel provided :)
> But if you just read Daniel's message without reading the accompanying
> articles, the content of Daniel's message can be considered ambiguous.
> Hence my reply in relation to email.

Ah, ok. That wasn't entirely clear from your first post.

I do think this is a somewhat justified response to an unrepentant spammer.

> Wrt unsolicited snail mail, in Australia, you can visit the post office
> and make them aware that the received items are unsolicited mail. You
> have the option to post it back to the sender, who then has to pay
> Australia Post for the postage plus some. It is such a long time ago that
> I felt compelled to do this, but I think this also covers hand delivered
> items into your letter box if you have a "no junk mail" sign. Now, I just
> let the snails get it :)

I have a much greater tolerance level for snail mail spam. At least its
costing the sender and not me and  its handy for shoving through the
shredder for instant hamster beding :).

> I am beginning to get junk mail in my PO Box hand delivered by the
> postmaster. So either I will have to import the snails, or see how I can
> hang a sign at the post office.

I think a nicely worded letter should be all it takes. Other than that the
post office usually provides big red junkmail disposal points nearby to PO
Boxes ( did I just say that ? :)

--
Vote for ME -- I'm well-tapered, half-cocked, ill-conceived and
TAX-DEFERRED!