[plug] RH 7.3, nvidia drivers

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Tue Dec 10 14:08:44 WST 2002

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, John Knight wrote:

> How on earth do I get nvidia drivers installed on my RH 7.3 box? The GLX
> package complains about needing 3ddiag, which I'm having the world of
> troubles getting installed, and the kernel .rpm was having a whinge too
> about module deps (despite installing anyway), can anyone give me a few

John, it should be simple enough. What did you do exactly?

With RH7.3, you just need to 'rpm -i' the two packages, and edit
XF86Config-4 .
Are you sure you have the right packages?
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-3123.rh73up  and NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-3123

Have you changed the kernel?  You make need to make from source. (easy)

> pointers, perhaps offlist, as these .rpm dependencies under RH are killing

There should be none, except the standard X libraries, and specific
kernel.

--
        The origin of Truth is Doubt - Socrates