[plug] problems when installing music programs

Mike Hasleby hasm at ljbc.wa.edu.au
Thu Dec 12 17:02:00 WST 2002

Hi all,
I've tried installing three (or more) music scripting programs on a
Mandrake
9.0 installation.  I've had the same problem with two or three of them
- the example below is from running configure for
musescore (http://muse.seh.de/mscore/) - all goes well till it comes to
the QT then it complains:

checking for QT environment variable QTDIR... no
checking for QT includes (/usr/include/qt)... no
checking for QT libraries ()... no
checking for QT moc (moc)... no
checking for QT uic (uic)... no
configure: error: need qt >= 3.0.0

The installation has QT3 (3.0.5-7mdk) installed on it which should have
been ok as the requirements are
(from the web page)
                                qt 3.0.0 or newer (Version 3.0.5
recommended).
                                MusE does _not_ compile with older
versions.
                                Please compile Qt3 with "-thread" option

so you get the qt-mt.so lib instead of qt.so.
                                gcc 3.x.x or 2.95.3
                                Problems are reported with (unofficial)
2.96, so if you're using it you may be unable to r
                                NOTE: you _must_ compile MusE with the
same compiler you used to compile QT
                                glibc 2.2
                                (untested with other versions)
I emailed the chap and got the following reply

    configure did not find qt. Maybe Mandrake splitted qt into a runtime

    and an developer package and you did not install the developer
package.

Can anyone suggest what to try next
TIA
Mike Hasleby