[plug] windows strikes again

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Fri Dec 13 12:11:43 WST 2002

G'day All,

Our old mate windows has struck again, this time with quite devastating
consequences.

We use faxstream in this office and have done for many years. On the
26th of September it stopped working and Telstra then advised us that
they had "upgraded" the service and we needed new access codes etc.

Only once since then has our weekly newsletter gone out without
problems. I have just found out from Telstra themselves that their
system, which is windows based, surprise, surprise, has been infected
with a virus since 23rd Sept and it now appears that they will never be
able to resurrect it.

How's this, they also recommended that we cancel the service, because
they don't think they will ever get it working again.

I suggested that they should use Linux and they are apparently
installing some.

Slowly, slowly catchee monkey

Alex