[plug] strange problem

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat Dec 14 18:31:23 WST 2002

I have a server that cannot ping one particular server in the same
network.
One ip addr is 192.168.1.3 and the other is 192.168.1.4, they have the
same subnet and up until noon today the server was okay.  Nothing was
done on the network.  I just noticed in a monitoring program I run that
the one server was not connecting.  When I try to ping the server (1.3
to 1.4), it just sit there, yet I can ping all other devices in the
network and even ping outside the network from this server.
Has anyone any idea what is happening?

Thanks

--
Jon L. Miller
MMT Networks Pty Ltd

`When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just
stare at you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for
free*".'
                - Linus Torvalds